Choose & Book
All GPs, as part of Connecting for Health’s strategy, will eventually have access to Choose and Book and will be able to offer patients a choice of place, date and time for their first outpatient appointment, for any elective service. As well as standard NHS services, this greater choice allows patients to choose any independent healthcare provider who has attained Any Willing Provider (AWP) or Any Qualified Provider (AQP) status.
Streets Heaver’s Choose and Book interface provides a mechanism for GPs and other primary care staff to book appointments for their patients, in both Compucare and Clinical Manager.
The interface is achieved through integration to the National Spine, which allows the software to interface electronically with Choose and Book. Both Compucare and Clinical Manager are Choose and Book compliant, and are Connecting for Health approved PAS for linking to Choose and Book via the secure N3 Network.
- Key features of the Choose and Book interface include:
- Flexible publishing of outpatient clinic diary slots against defined services
- Directly bookable services with patients being able to book their appointment on the spot or later via the internet
- Support for indirectly bookable services which can be made via the telephone
- Analysis of referral services which can be made via Choose and Book
- Measure and enforce referral to treatment times (RTT)
- Benefits of the Choose and Book interface include:
- Marketing of hospital services on a centralised national database
- Accurate patient demographics and appointment details as information is captured at source
- Quicker and more efficient referral process, with less time spent chasing or waiting for written referrals
- Track referrals online and reduce inappropriate referrals by managing a Directory of Services (DOS)
- Reduced risk of information being misplaced or misread since it is being processed electronically
- Time saving on keying in patient and appointment details
- Significant reduction in DNAs
Measure and deliver referral to treatment times
Referral to treatment (RTT) times are measured, monitored and enforced by recording all relevant dates including referral, take point, treat by and breach by dates. Delivery of referral to treatment time is easily achieved through a more efficient administration process and a reduction in DNAs.
Complete statistical analysis and management KPI reporting is available via the applications flexible reporting tool. In addition, all statutory NHS returns are produced for submission to the Secondary Uses Service (SUS). Furthermore, HRG codes can be easily recorded against patient episodes, supporting accurate billing to and reimbursement from Primary Care Trusts.
Invest for the future
Streets Heaver have the unique policy of providing all future upgrades to customers at no additional cost; enabling you to benefit from the latest software developments and significantly reducing your cost of ownership.
“The Compucare Choose and Book appointment system is extremely easy to navigate. The appointments can be quickly built and the system allows flexibility for individual Consultant requirements.”
NHS Lead – BMI Healthcare
BMI Gisburne Park Hospital